Prof. Dr. Hayder Abed Dhahad
Faculty Member of Mechanical Engineering Dept.
Vice president of Scientific Affairs and Higher Education Studies - University of Technology- Iraq
"Professor Dhahad received his Ph.D. (2014) in Mechanical Engineering from University of Technology- Iraq. He graduated from University of Technology - Iraq in 1994 and 1998 for his bachelor and master degrees. Currently, he is a faculty member in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Technology- Iraq. Also, he has a position of a vice president of scientific affairs and higher education studies - University of Technology- Iraq. He authored and co-authored nearly 50 papers published in high ranking prestigious international journals and conferences. Recently, he is a guest editor for energies journal for special issue "Hydrogen - New Alternative Fuel". His research fields focus on renewable energy, biofuels, IC engines, combustion, solar Energy, fuel cells.
PhD, Mechanical Engineering, University of Technology- Iraq,2014.
MSc, Mechanical Engineering, University of Technology- Iraq, 1998.
BSc, Mechanical Engineering, University of Technology- Iraq, 1994.
Renewable Energy, Combustion, Solar Energy, Fuel Cell, Thermofluid
1. "Proposal and thermo-economic optimization of using LNG cold exergy for compressor inlet cooling in an integrated biomass fueled triple combined power cycle " International Journal of Hydrogen Energy "2021-
2. "A novel hybrid biomass-solar driven triple combined power cycle integrated with hydrogen production: Multi-objective optimization based on power cost and CO2 emission " Energy Conversion and Management, 234,2021.
4. "Thermo-economic evaluation of a combined Kalina cycle and humidification-dehumidification (HDH) desalination system integrated with thermoelectric generator and solar pond" International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 168,2021
6. "Energy, exergy, and exergoeconomic evaluation of a novel CCP system based on a solid oxide fuel cell integrated with absorption and ejector refrigeration cycles" Thermal Science and Engineering Progress, 21,2021
16. "Combustion analysis and performance characteristics of compression ignition engines with diesel fuel supplemented with nano-TiO2 and nano-Al2O3) Case Studies in Thermal Engineering, 20 (2020) 100651
18. "The impact of adding nano-Al2O3 and nano-ZnO to Iraqi diesel fuel in terms of compression ignition engines' performance and emitted pollutants" Thermal Science and Engineering Progress, 18 (2020) 100535
19. "Thermodynamic and thermoeconomic analysis of innovative integration of Kalina and absorption refrigeration cycles for simultaneously cooling and power generation" Energy Conversion and Management, 203 (2020) 112241.
23. "Experimental Study On The Effect Of Nanoparticle Addition On The Pressure At The Start Of Ignition, Maximum Pressure And Timing Of Maximum Pressure) Arpn Journal Of Engineering And Applied Sciences. Vol. 14, No. 8, April 2019
28. "Study The Effect Of Different Percentages Of Natural (Orange Peels And Date Seeds) And Industrial Materials (Carbon And Silica) On The Mechanical And Thermal Properties Of Polymeric Reinforced Composites". Al-Khwarizmi Engineering Journal, Vol. 14, No. 4, December, (2018)
30. "AN EXPERIMENTAL INVESTIGATES TO STUDY THE EFFECT OF ALUMINUM OXIDE NANOPARTICLES FUEL ADDITIVES ON THE PERFORMANCE AND EMISSIONS CHARACTERISTICS OF DIESEL ENGINE" The 1st International Scientific Conference Of Nanotechnology And Advanced Materials In The Petroleum And Gas Industry. University Of Technology-Baghdad-Iraq, 3-4 May 2017.
33. "Effect Of Geometric Design Of The Flow Fields Plat On The Performance Of A PEM Fuel Cell. A Review" World Research & Innovation Convention On Engineering & Technology 2016, Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia, 24-25 October 2016
34. "Experimental Study Of The Operating Temperature Effect On The Performance Of PEM Fuel Cell" World Research & Innovation Convention On Engineering & Technology 2016, Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia, 24-25 October 2016
36."An Experimental Investigates To Study The Effect Of Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles Fuel Additives On The Performance And Emissions Characteristics Of Diesel Engine" The Iraqi Journal For Mechanical And Material Engineering, Special Volume -Babylon First International Engineering Conference Issue (B) 2016
37. "An Experimental Study On Improving The Performance Of A Double Slope Solar Still". The 7th International Conference On Sustainable Agriculture For Food, Energy And Industry In Regional And Global Context, ICSAFEI2015”. Universiti Putra Malaysia From 25-27 August 2015.
41. "An Investigation Of The Relation Between Premixed Burn Fraction And Emissions Characteristics Of A Common-Rail HSDI Diesel At Different Loads". International Conference For Engineering Sciences- Al-Mustansirya University, 2014.
42. "Experimental Combustion Characteristics, Nanoparticles And Soot-Nox Trade Off In A Common-Rail HSDI Diesel Engine Running On ULSD And HFO Fuels". World Research & Innovation Convention On Engineering & Technology 2014, Putrajaya, Malaysia, 25-26 November 2014
44. "An Investigation of The Relation Between Combustion Phase And Emissions Of ULSD & RME Biodiesel With A Common-Rail HSDI Diesel Engine" ASME 2014 12th Biennial Conference On Engineering Systems Design And Analysis-ESDA2014- June 25-27, 2014, Copenhagen, Denmark.
45. "Effects of Injection Pressure On Combustion, Nanoparticles And Gaseous Emissions Characteristics From A Common-Rail HSDI Diesel Engine Running On ULSD And RME" Proceedings Of The ASME 2014 Internal Combustion Engine Division Fall Technical Conference-ICEF2014- October 19-22, 2014, Columbus, IN, USA.
For MSc Level:
For BSc Level:
Level 4: Measurements
Level 4: Internal combustion engines design
Many certificates of appreciation from the Minister of Higher Education and the President of the University of Technology.