The General Council Meeting of the Mechanical Engineering Department
The department of mechanical engineering held the general council meeting in the (Dr. Munir Al-Mudhaffar) hall, December 5, 2021, at 10:00 AM.
In attendance of the Vice President of Scientific Affairs: Dr. Prof. Hayder Abed Dhahad, head of the Mechanical Engineering Department, Asst. Prof. Dr. Moayed Razoki Hasan and all the faculty members of the department.
The following main topics have been discussed in the session:
- Enhancing the scientific level of students admitted in the undergraduate study via developing the central admission plan and increasing student approval rates at the university.
- Re-working by granting the exceptional extending for the postgraduate students, especially for doctoral students.
- Discussing the problems that accompanied the evening study during the current term and inducing the faculty members to move forward to support the education process.
- Consider the exam mechanism and study subjects for which the physical or electronic exam is given according to the pre-established instructions.
- Encouraging the faculty members to continue scientific research by highlighting the appropriation of scientific research, and publishing within the containers of scopes scientific publishing. Further, recognizing problems that restrict the research paths, and ways to advance them.
In line with the direction of the department’s presidency and a legacy that the department administration used to honour the retired faculty members and employees, the department head, Asst. Prof. Dr. Moayed Razoki Hasan, presented souvenirs in honour of their efforts during their scientific career journey, that offered to many generations various academic knowledge, educational, and moralistic. He also presented souvenirs to the families of the faculty members and employees who passed away due to the pandemic covid-19, praying to the Almighty God to protect them in peace.